Busy. I’ve been beyond busy. Buried. And now I’m exhausted. But that’s okay. Here are the last couple of months in a nutshell:
- We shipped Moon Hill! We still have nine hardcovers left, and the eBook is also on sale. Go buy it. And if you’ve already bought it, please go review it!
- Moon Hill’s success has enabled me to purchase another block of ISBNs for Precipice Books.
- I’m very close to signing our next author and announcing our next title. No, I don’t have a release date. No, I’m not telling you who it is. Not yet, anyway.
And what about that writing thing? Yeah, I’m getting to that . . .
- I turned over the manuscript for ULT: Volume One to Crystal Lake for proofreading. The text remains largely unchanged, including Tony Rapino’s introduction. There will likely be a new acknowledgments, and a shortened version of the Story Notes section from the hardcover.
- Since my last full blog post, I’ve completed one story at around 6k words, and written about 1.5k of another. Not as much as I’d like, but the day job’s been kicking my ass.
- ULT: Volume Two currently stands at around 55k words, give or take. I’m going to try and work in one more story (maybe two if I’m lucky) before polishing it up to send in for edits in January.
- No release dates for any of this stuff. Not yet. I’ll pass it along once I know.
- Amelia’s currently working on the edits of the novella I completed over the summer. No word from her on that yet, but feedback from my circle of beta readers has been extremely positive. Glowing, even. So that’s something.
I’ve been trying to catch up on my reading. I recommend the following:
- THE SECRET HISTORY OF TWIN PEAKS by Mark Frost
- STRANDED by Bracken MacLeod
- THE FISHERMAN by John Langan (Note: I’d give this ten stars if I could. It’s probably my book of the year.)
- EXPERIMENTAL FILM by Gemma Files
- DETRITUS IN LOVE by John Boden and Mercedes M. Yardley
And I’m also dividing my reading time between Josh Malerman’s BIRD BOX, Laird Barron’s SWIFT TO CHASE, and . . . a book that hasn’t been published yet. But will be. Hopefully soon!
I think that’s about it for now. I may be quiet again for a while, what with the holidays and my deadline fast approaching. So I’ll drop in whenever I can.
Until next time,