Hey, folks. Apologies for the radio silence. I’ve been busy these last few weeks, but I’ve got some time to share some recent news.
- THE FINAL RECONCILIATION audio book, narrated by Joe Hempel, is complete and was submitted to Audible for review a couple of weeks ago. Last I heard, it’s passed quality inspection and is being prepped for sale, so it should be available for sale in the next week or so. I’ve listened to the whole thing, and I assure you, Joe did a wonderful job with it. He captured Aidan’s rough voice perfectly. I can’t wait for this one to be released.
- UGLY LITTLE THINGS: VOLUME ONE has a release date! It’s May 5th! For those of you keeping score, this is a reprint of the original collection that was published by Precipice in 2014. It’s being made available in paperback for the first time.
- UGLY LITTLE THINGS: VOLUME TWO also has a release date! It’s May 19th! Yes, May is going to be an ugly little month. It will also be available in paperback, and will include some reprints and new material. Final Rec will also appear in this volume. Perhaps my favorite part, though, is the introduction written by my dear friend, Mercedes M. Yardley. Her kind words brought tears to my eyes.
- The covers for both ULTs are being designed by Ben Baldwin. I’ll share them once they’re available.
- Erica and I will be attending NECON 37 this summer in Rhode Island.
- I currently have three projects in the pipeline for Precipice Books, none of which I’m ready to announce yet, but the first should happen in the next couple of weeks. It’s a collaboration with Joe Pulver and Luke Spooner, and I can’t wait to reveal it.
Speaking of Precipice: The release of GREETINGS FROM MOON HILL (which is now sold out, by the way) marked the beginning of a new direction for the . . . company? Project? Experiment? I like “Experiment” more, so let’s roll with that. My focus with this Precipice experiment is to produce high-quality limited edition hardcovers that are unique to their source material. The hardcovers of ULT and Moon Hill are proofs of that concept.
Unfortunately, for those two runs, we encountered some quality issues with the printer, LSI. The same issues, as a matter of fact. Twice now, their dust jackets have been folded incorrectly. I know that seems like a small problem, but when it’s more than half of a book order, it happens twice in a row, and you’re on a schedule, it’s something that can’t be ignored.
So I’m shopping around for a new printer.
Also, since the focus will be on limited edition releases, I’ve decided to take the Monochrome hardcovers out of circulation. I’m not saying they won’t appear in hardcover again in the future, but for now, they’re going to disappear (see what I did there?). That said, I’m not going to do it right away. If you want ALT & TLM hardcovers, you have until April before I take them out of circulation.
Additionally, I’ll be shifting the paperbacks for ALT & TLM over to a different printer/distributor in the coming months, so there may be periods of time in which they are not available. I’ll update here when that occurs.
I think that’s about it for now. I’ll post again once the Final Rec audio book is available.